Thursday, July 26, 2012

This one's about my new knee braces.

     I went to the VA (Veteran's Administration) hospital in Durham yesterday.  Nothing serous, just a checkup.  I used the time to go to the prosthetics department to find out about a set of knee braces I had ordered some time ago.  I had actually placed five orders for them since I knew I needed a new set.  VA policy is that you get 1 (yes, that's one) set (I have to wear one on each knee) a year.  A set wears out in about 3 months, six if you baby them.  Anyway, the fellow at the desk in Prosthetics told me they had been mailed the day before.  At this point my Spider-Sense began to tingle madly, but I saw no supervillians sneaking up on me, so I left.  As it turned out, the fellow was true to his word; I found the new knee braces waiting for me when I got home.
     Seven months late, and one size too small.
     Maybe I'll have better luck next year.

1 comment: