Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Those who can't, steal.

     My latest rant is about Tribal Knife and Tactical.  They have just started selling a 'new' line of custom neck knives.  You can see them at http://www.tribalknifeusa.com/-strse-Custom-Neck-Knives/Categories.bok --and please feel free to contact them (at Sales@TribalKnifeUSA.com or by calling them at 877-504-2452) to ask them why their 'custom' neck knives look exactly like the Folts 'Minimalist' (you can see one at http://www.crkt.com/Folts-Minimalist-Neck-Knife-Razor-Sharp-Edge --or just Google  'Folts Minimalist' and see how many pages of legit adds come up)  that he licensed to Columbia river Knife and Tool (CKRT for everyone but the knife geeks).  I have contacted them (Tribal), but they seem reluctant to respond.
     I have known Alan Folts a long time.  The man is family to me.  So, to see someone stealing from him pisses me off.  If you know me on Facebook, you might have seen some of the posts about this.  They are trying to make it look like they have his custom design, rather than some cheap-ass production model knife--and they aren't even crediting him for the design.  CKRT is selling Alan's knife for about $35-$40.  You can find the Columbia River model even cheaper on Ebay, for around $20 or so, not including shipping.  Alan sells the ones he personally makes starting somewhere north of $100.  He has earned it; the world's largest knife maker has grabbed up several of his designs.  Hopefully Columbia river will do something about it, the word is that they are investigating now.
    I kind of hope they don't get done before the Blade Show (http://www.bladeshow.com/ehome/31379/49746/ --and I actually did contact them about this, so who knows, they might do something, but I haven't heard anything back yet).  It's the world's largest knife show, held in Atlanta, GA, in early June every year.  I want to see these rip-offs on their table.  Because I will be the loudest one in the crowd yelling at them to get 'em off the table and get their asses out the door.
     And, just in case these guys are real jackasses about it (fingers crossed, hoping with all my black little heart)...anyone got my back if I need bail money?

No comments:

Post a Comment