Monday, October 8, 2012

Oh noes!

     So I found this while doing rooting through the news this morning:  http://www.slashgear.com/huawei-and-zte-could-undermine-us-national-security-say-lawmakers-08250855/ which basically says that the Chinese government is or is capable of using devices made by these companies to gather intelligence on America.  I'm guessing they mean kind of like how we (or, more accurately, the U.S. intelligence agency known as the NSA) listens to every cell and telephone call (and every other means of communication) on the planet.  I guess the panic is because now China is starting to catch up with us in the dirty tricks department, because they are using old favorites from our own black bag.
     Now we know what it tales to worry the U.S. government.  Not cyber attacks, or shooting down our aircraft, or stealing our nuclear secrets.  Not even poisoning our pets and children, child slave labor, or any other kind of human rights abuse.  Just someone poaching on their turf.  Can anyone else taste the hypocrisy?
     Don't get me wrong.  I'm as sick and tired as everyone of walking into American stores and only being able to find crappy Chinese products as everyone else is in this country.  I'm pissed of I can't find any of the great stuff made in Japan.  (And I bet nobody born more than a generation ago would have ever thought they'd wish for that.  Is it me, or was that bit of hypocrisy just a little salty?)  This isn't the fault of the Chinese people or their political leaders, however--it is because our leaders have failed us.
     I will let that sink in for a second before going on.
     I happen like Chinese food, culture, and people.  I just think their political leaders suck--which is something that they share with the rest of the world.  I kind of get the feeling that a lot of Chinese people don't like their government, either.  Please let me be the first to welcome all one billion plus of you to that club.  You will like it, we have cookies.
     You aren't the first great people to be ruled by idiots.
     Just look at us.
     Or the Iranians.
     Y'all are welcome in the club, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment