Sunday, October 28, 2012

This one's about respect.

     I have gotten a little more than fed up with the lack of respect shown to the office of the President of the United States recently.  I think it started with President Bush, when an Iraqi reporter, Muntadhar al-Zaidi, threw a shoe at him.  This, in my mind, was an epic fail on the part of the President's security team.  That reporter should have been shot by at least four different agents as he drew his arm back.  He should not have lived long enough to release his footwear.
     It happened again when South Carolina senator Joe Wilson became the first and only person to shout at a sitting president (President Obama) as he was addressing congress, calling him a liar.  That man should have been removed from office, but instead nothing happened to him.  Now, one of Mitt Romney's sons, Tagg Romney, has said that he would like to take a swing at the President.  I am going to speak to this issue in two parts.
     Part 1.  If you do not like the President, or are racist, or just ignorant, this is important for you to know: the United States of America, and the office of the President in particular, do not just deserve, but demand your respect.  This is why it is illegal to make threats against the President.  The position is too important to be treated so shabbily.  When you insult either one, you insult every person living in our country.  If you do not like or cannot grasp this, please feel free to get the hell out of my country.
     Part 2.  This part is for Tagg Romney, his father Mitt, and the rest of the Romney clones.  I personally would like to kick your father's teeth down his throat.  He is the single most insincere and dishonest person I have ever had the displeasure of seeing run for any kind of political office.  I would also like to beat the living hell out of you.  Your brothers are also all welcome to a piece of that beating.  I am offering to do this in a public forum, with a ref for y'all's sake.  Let's sell tickets to the fight and give all the proceeds to charity.  If I win, all the money goes to the Wounded Warrior project.  If the Romneys win, they can give the money to whatever charity they want.  I will fight you all, one after the other, MMA rules, with no rest between fights or timer for the rounds of combat.  Each fight will last until someone loses, at which point a new combatant will enter the octagon and the match will continue.  I am willing to fight all of you myself, but might have to have one or two other people on my team, because I have a number of friends that are as angry as I am about your total lack of respect for the country that we fought for.  I promise that, while some of the folks in my corner might be veterans, none of them will be professional fighters or anything like that.  No ringers, I promise.  In the case of a team-on-team event, whichever team still has members with their asses un-kicked (this means folks who didn't get a chance to go into the ring/octagon/playground/whatever) at the end wins.
     You guys can bring Senator Wilson and Muntadhar al-Zaidi with you if you'd like.
     The more knuckleheads the merrier.

2 comments:

  1. Respect, as any Marine knows, is a two way street. I don't think either of the candidates, the vice-presidential candidates, governor, senators, congressmen, and so on, right down to the city council, have any respect for me.

    Personally, I'd like to see a series of events like Survivor, but maybe including things like bull riding and demolition derby, and winners at various stages would get the office that was up for grabs that day. A grand finale every four years would decide the President.

    That would clearly cost less and be less stupid than the giant high school popularity contest we have now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to do it all by lottery. Everyone has their name put into a box every year you are able to serve. If your name gets drawn, you have to serve. There would be a second drawing to determine who goes into what office.

    ReplyDelete